Saturday, February 28, 2009

Study Skills Tutor

Hi, I'm KB the Study Skills Tutor for the MBA, MSc and other postgraduate distance programmes at the School of Management at The University of Leicester in the UK. If you read the short blurb in the heading, you can see a preview of the subjects of future posts. As the Study Skills Tutor, I help students to get through their programmes and maximize their learning. This includes activities as diverse as discussing how to approach a particular assignment or considering different approaches to time management and how to juggle different commitments such as schoolwork, job and family while getting a degree. Please remember this blog is meant to supplement the learning experience at U of Leicester. You can contact me at: ulsmdltutor@le.ac.uk when you need to talk about your individual concerns. Even if you aren't sure that I can help you with your concerns in this programme, I will be happy to direct your inquiries to the correct place.

Furthermore, I want to extend a special welcome to students who are looking for help in beginning their dissertations for the programme and who may need research assistance. As a trained librarian and researcher, I can help you get started in this part of your programme early and get you on track. I also enjoy working with students who are struggling with any aspect of writing assignments including how to understand your assignments or how to improve your writing skills.

8 comments:

  1. Hello KB,
    I'm Adam Aspri (MBA from Cyprus).
    Thanks for your input. Your tips on critical thinking should be especially helpful as it is a deep process with many steps involved and we will need all the support we can get. I will visit frequently for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear KB,

    Thank you for this innovatative platform;

    I am currently studying the MSc in Finance, Module 3 and 4. However i would like to start thinking about my disseration topic as i feel time is running out.

    I am supposed to finish my programme next year but i would like to start doing my lieterature review now.

    could you guide me on the steps to take especially on how i can better use the Black Board?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi KB,

    Thanks for this blog. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For students looking for assistance, please write to me at ulsmdltutor@le.ac.uk for more clarification on issues such as dissertation topics or any other issue on these posts.

    KB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi KB

    I am a new student in the MBA & in the 1st module.
    Actually I know that there is an off line discussion forum on the blackboard for each module where the students can communicate with the tutor however I don't know how to reach it.
    Can you direct me how to reach it?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Trexdna:

    It would be good for you to email me at my U of Leicester email address at: ulsmdltutor@le.ac.uk to dialogue further. We could exchange names & get into your concerns in more detail. For the time being, I will say that beginning your research on your MBA dissertation early is always a good plan. Moreover, it is one that I'm quite well equipped to guide you through with your cooperation. There are many additional resources we can discuss privately online at the above address. Please contact me there.
    KB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello KB
    Very informative and good .I wish l could have made use of this resource earlier. Thanks.Fiifi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi KB,

    Thanks a million for the info! I will be in touch to discuss more about how I can prepare myself to go therough the MBA programme. I am facing some problems.

    It's Amos

    ReplyDelete