Thursday, March 4, 2010

Writing Directly to KB/Responding Personally to KB

Hi, this is KB the tutor who writes this blog. I receive a lot of comments from different students about this blog, most of them are students in the MBA/MSc at University of Leicester. There are also correspondents from outside the programme who are looking for grammar and writing advice as well. I'm very pleased to have such a wide variety of readers. In fact, I want my all my readers wherever they come from to write me at: ulsmdltutor@le.ac.uk if they need help.

This next part is important. Students from U of Leicester should identify themselves by writing using their U of Leicester email account. This email account is private, as opposed to a work email address. If you don't want your boss reading my advice to you about studying or your assignments, you should use your U of Leicester account instead of your business email address. Privacy is an important consideration in learning. So, please try and use your U of Leicester email addresses and stay private. If I respond to you on a business email, you have no expectation of privacy on that email. The U of Leicester email address offers that privacy for all registered students. Students outside the programme must do what they need to do to help ensure their privacy & to make sure they find my emails.

For this reason, I'd like to also mention that when students use hotmail, google or yahoo accounts to write to me they can lose my response. You may have a high traffic account. If you are outside the programme and write to me, make sure you won't lose my email in an inbox folder with over 1,000 unopened emails. I take time and consideration before writing to you, please have an account where you can easily find my email and respond to me in a timely manner. If you must, open up another account for learning where there will be little or no email traffic. I respond equally to all who seek help on their educational path and give them my advice. I will continue to maintain this policy at this time. As an educator, I will not turn my back on any student in need. U of Leicester students do have the additional option of speaking with me on Skype at a future date if they need more hands on approach advice.

I've posted this blog because, although my address is posted here, some students who need help are writing in the blog space. I'm trying to monitor this traffic but this becomes difficult when students respond to old blog entries going back months or years. I don't check all my entries, all the time. This is an ongoing blog. I check the last 3 entries for responses then I move forward. I want students seeking help to find me. So, correspond with me directly at: ulsmdltutor@le.ac.uk. In the future, I'm going to be reposting this advice in shortened form at the end of every month.

KB

2 comments:

  1. Dear KB,

    Keep up the good work. I think this initiative is a step in the right direction.

    Thank you
    Tochukwu Okpala

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Tochukwu Okpala, I'm very glad to hear from you.

    KB

    ReplyDelete